“In your light I learn how to love.
In your beauty, how to make poems.
You dance inside my chest
where no-one sees you, but
sometimes I do, and
that sight becomes this art.”
― Rumi

Sunday, December 09, 2007

magic in my mirror

It's Friday again - I have been morose all week
work - frustrating as usual
not been home for a fortnight
a bad flu that just refuses to lie down and die
miserable winter showers
malfunctioning radiators
terrible traffic and road rage
I crawl up the M6 which does
an annoying impersonation of a parking lot
and as I self righteously tick off the injustices
the world has forced upon me this week
I decide to change lanes
so I indicate right and toss
a perfunctionary glance at my wing mirror
...
and there it is - in all it's splendour
promising a pot of Irish gold
imprinting it's celestial image on it's human namesake
ironing out my worry wrinkles
bringing a surprised smile to my face
my share of elemental magic

right there in my wing mirror

a rainbow

No comments: