“In your light I learn how to love.
In your beauty, how to make poems.
You dance inside my chest
where no-one sees you, but
sometimes I do, and
that sight becomes this art.”
― Rumi

Monday, September 05, 2011

Boys to men

He woke me up
We drove together in silence
He held my hand
As we walked into the colourful place
With kind ladies and smiling kids
We looked around in silence

When we parted company
There was a hint of sadness
- a subtle quiver of his upper lip
As he hugged me
And then moved away

I was alone

As I put on a brave face
and prepared to face the world,
I thought:
Life IS funny...

For, this was today
He is two
and I am his big and ugly father
Who felt like crying
just because it was his first day
at the nursery
and I could see that
he was trying hard not to cry
just for my sake...

No comments: