“In your light I learn how to love.
In your beauty, how to make poems.
You dance inside my chest
where no-one sees you, but
sometimes I do, and
that sight becomes this art.”
― Rumi

Friday, March 30, 2007

I want ...

... my summer school holidays when the days drag on and on
the sun beating down on everything green and brown and dusty
fluffy clouds like shaving foam scudding across the oh-so-blue sky
as dragonflies flit around - little green packets of magic and sparkle
while sweat spreads across the back of my neck giving me an out-of-
season gooseflesh as the breeze blows hurrying along the brown
leaves dried to a crisp on the hot tarmac they rattle like tin cans
on a string while I lie down in the green grass looking up at
an impossibly blue sky stretching as far as eye can see and I imagine
the world flipping over - the little blue and yellow flowers hanging
down from the grass roof of the world
I like the sudden dizziness
and I spread
my arms
and clutch
the grass
to

stop

me
from
falling
up ...

... an impossible fall into the impossible blue...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

and then you wake up and eat your laddoos?

D