“In your light I learn how to love.
In your beauty, how to make poems.
You dance inside my chest
where no-one sees you, but
sometimes I do, and
that sight becomes this art.”
― Rumi

Tuesday, July 04, 2017

An impossible task

Saw this online
https://youtu.be/4dA7WnsWk04
So beautiful that I had to try
An unworthy translation
In the early morning light
Unsolicited and perhaps illegal
Just to see if language really is
A barrier to beauty and love

So here with apologies to the author
Mr Rafeeq Ahamed
Who I have never met
Is my vain attempt to capture
The magnificence of his words

Dedicated as ever to
That constant companion


When Death arrives

When Death arrives I wish you
To be here by my side

To run my gnarled fingers - stiff
from scooping embers -
Through the comfort of your hair

To let my final breath share the
Gentle air that you exhale

To soak my world weary eyes
In the soft radiance of your face

To fill my worn out ears with
The sweet seal of your whispers

To spread the green salve of your
memory as thoughts melt
Off my fevered brow

To move my lips in silent prayer
As they hold dear old footprints
Of your kiss

To rest my burning feet as they
Dream footfalls of your love

That would suffice
My love

For this lucky one
To resurrect

A blade of grass
Cutting through all that
Dark earth that holds me dear

No comments: