“In your light I learn how to love.
In your beauty, how to make poems.
You dance inside my chest
where no-one sees you, but
sometimes I do, and
that sight becomes this art.”
― Rumi

Tuesday, July 04, 2017

Halfway to brimful

Life is half empty 

Half way there

Half left to dreams unfulfilled 

Half too scared to dream


Life is half empty 

Hopes trading places 

With fears shuffling 

for space in ever narrowing minds


Life is half empty 

Waiting in vain for secure

Bank statements tallying up

Positive integers for a change 


But then one day there is laughter

Sloshing around in my half emptiness

The smiles of friends

And warm hugs encircling body fat

Sagging bodies chasing bouncing kids


There is space in my half emptiness

For love and healing hurt and the 

Brightness of young eyes all around


I am glad of my half emptiness 

This space to fill with 

All of you I hold dear

On this day 

mundane as any other 

Made special by these generous

Generic humans 

Filling my half empty life 


3.7.17

No comments: