“In your light I learn how to love.
In your beauty, how to make poems.
You dance inside my chest
where no-one sees you, but
sometimes I do, and
that sight becomes this art.”
― Rumi

Thursday, May 13, 2021

Misdirection

 

You come to me

Without pause for thought

Sometimes desperate

Sometimes rude

Ignoring those around you 


Sometimes drunk

In the middle of the night 

And yet I show you

The light 

And the righteous path

When you lose your way


You want me

To wear what you buy

Without question

Sometimes the way

You touch me seems untimely

And you lose your temper if

I do not respond

The way you want me to

You forget 

That I may have bad days

When I am weak

Or not so bright

And that sometimes 

I even wish 

To be wiped out


Completely 

And forever 


What am I to you?



Just your iPhone, I guess

😁

No comments: