“In your light I learn how to love.
In your beauty, how to make poems.
You dance inside my chest
where no-one sees you, but
sometimes I do, and
that sight becomes this art.”
― Rumi

Thursday, May 13, 2021

The scientific method


‘Yuk! cold tea?!’ and he slammed my cup back down after a quick sip.


‘Hari doesn’t like cold tea, Daddy’ piped up his little sister.


‘Aha! That’s what I call a blanket statement, and how you build your bias over time’ I said rather too enthusiastically, in a desperate exploitation of the opportunity to broaden minds, ‘and now I can prove why your statement is wrong Radhika - and then you will see how your thoughts and opinions change. You see the thing is you know Hari likes ice tea, which is also cold tea, so you see how your opinion was biased by recall of a recent event? This is how people become prejudiced, and in research we call it -‘


I got no further, for Hari shut me down with this as his sister erupted into endless giggles:


‘And then you get punched in the face for being annoying, Daddy!

 Welcome to the real world’


🤷🏽‍♂️

No comments: